Mortgage Servicing Tax Administrator
6 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Servicing Tax Administrator in Alexandria, VA or Dallas, TX. The primary purpose of this job is the performance of all functions related to the accurate set up of property tax payees and the administration of escrowed and non-escrowed property tax processes. The incumbent is responsible for paying all escrowed real estate property taxes in a timely manner to ensure that penalties and interest are not assessed and within all applicable discount periods. Perform tax related file maintenance and timely respond to all member initiated research and delinquent tax issues.Essential Functions
- Pay all real estate tax bills provided by PenFed’s tax service vendor(s).
- Perform all tax payment balancing and record keeping processes.
- Process all refund checks. Review and analyze all related tax authority, tax service vendor, and loan-level LoanServ system account information to ensure that refunds are processed in an accurate and timely manner. Determine if a new escrow analysis is needed and request off schedule escrow analyses if applicable.
- Ensure that all delinquent taxes are paid in accordance with established member notification procedures. Ensure that PenFed is protected from the assessment of tax penalty and/or interest expenses and potential loss of collateral.
- Perform all LoanServ system tax file maintenance required in an accurate and timely manner. Perform all tax related updates and changes required when adding and removing escrow account items.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate payment of supplemental tax bills in accordance with PenFed policies and procedures.
- Accurately set up and maintain all loan-level escrowed and non-escrowed tax records in the LoanServ system.
- Provide tax service vendor(s) with all requested legal descriptions in an accurate manner within established timeframes.
- Respond to and follow up on all property tax related issues received through the internal Mortgage Servicing task process. Additionally, respond to and complete complex member initiated property tax related inquires.
- Report ongoing unresolved issues to management timely and follow through to complete resolution.
- Submit and monitor tax service vendor claims for reimbursement of PenFed funds. Keep management informed on the status of each outstanding claim. Provide management with the details of any denied claims.
- Participate in audit functions as directed by manager/supervisor.
- Advise supervisor/manager of the status of work and any and all issues that may present potential risk or exposure.
- Communicate with management to ensure best practices are followed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all tax related regulations and LoanServ system functionality and reports.
- As directed by Management, cross-train and provide guidance to less experienced Mortgage Servicing staff members.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, county or city, investor, insurer and internal laws, policies and procedures with regard to mortgage loan servicing. This includes tax jurisdiction due dates in all states, counties and cities where PenFed has real estate loans; and Fannie Mae, FHLMC, VA, FHA and MI company servicing requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of member’s information.
- Thoroughly understand loan transaction history, including payment activity, escrow disbursements, rate and P&I payment changes and payment reversals.
- Identify and thoroughly understand all PenFed loan products and programs.
- Must have a good working knowledge of servicing guidelines and regulatory requirements established under RESPA and implemented through CFPB and PenFed.
- Meet established standards and guidelines with respect to compliance, job knowledge, quality attendance and punctuality, efficiency, initiative, member service and overall performance.
- Keep abreast of changes to current policies and procedures.
- This is not intended to be an all inclusive list of job duties
- Associates degree or combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
- Three to four years of mortgage servicing experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with internal partners and vendors such as legal, loss mitigation, collections, auditing, compliance, and Lereta Tax Service.
- Ability to work effectively under specific time constraints and handle multiple projects in a team environment as well as independently.
- Possess knowledge of Escrow administration relating to taxes and insurance, ARM, Fixed, and Balloon rate Notes.
- Possess knowledge and recognition of loan related documents such as Note, Mortgage/Deed of Trust, Riders PMI/VA and Flood Certificates, and HUD-I.
- Must be detail oriented, and have independent work habits and skills.
- Analytical and math skills required.
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in special loan products, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LoanServ, Penguin, Hogan and any other mortgage software.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.