Management Analyst, GS-0343-13
1 day left
- Full Time
This HHS Position meets the criteria outlined in OMB M-17-18 and is exempt from the hiring freeze.
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Medical Products and Tobacco (OMPT), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Management (OM), Division of Management Services (DMS), Immediate Office (IO) located in Silver Spring, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDER-17-MP-1959768SM under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This Announcement will close on May 26, 2017. The initial cut-off date for referral is May 24, 2017 or receipt of the 100th application (whichever comes first). After this date, additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required 10% to 15% for training and/or meetings.
Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
GS-13: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experiences are defined as familiar with and utilize multifaceted recruitment and outreach strategies; develops organizational outreach strategies that assist in obtaining a diverse candidate pool and addresses organizational recruitment needs; conducts recruitment and outreach efforts by representing organization at recruitment events such as career fairs, conferences, and college recruitment activities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following:student loan repayment may be authorize.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement required: No
Q - Nonsensitive