The mission of the Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America's Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. Under the leadership of Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, LEED AP, the roles and responsibilities of the Architect of the Capitol cover an expansive and diverse portfolio. The AOC is responsible for the maintenance, operation, development and preservation of 17.4 million square feet of buildings and more than 553 acres of land throughout Capitol Hill. The AOC provides a welcoming and educational environment for millions of visitors through the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and the US Botanic Garden. The AOC also provides professional expertise on the preservation of architectural and artistic elements entrusted to its care. Learn more at www.aoc.gov.
- Not Required
You must meet the United States Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) qualification requirements (including specialized experience and/or educational requirements) for the advertised position. You must meet all eligibility and qualifications requirements by the closing date of the job announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on the OPM web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Specialized experience: is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
Qualifying experience for the GS-7 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-5. Specialized experience is defined as applying knowledge of accounting systems, policies and procedures for the examination, verification and maintenance of accounts and financial data; validating, monitoring and maintaining financial transactions and records; researching discrepancies and making adjustments.
You may substitute education for experience for this position. Your education must consist of at least one full year of graduate education or superior academic achievement. Must be related to the duties of the position.
You may substitute education for experience for this position. Your education must consist of at least one full year of graduate education or superior academic achievement (SAA). Must be related to the duties of the position.
You qualify for the GS-7 level if you meet one of the following SAA criteria in a qualifying field of study.
1. CLASS STANDING – You were in the upper third of the graduating class in your college, university, or major subdivision (e.g., College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration) based on completed courses.
2. GRADE-POINT AVERAGE (G.P.A.) –
- You have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based either on 4 years of education or on the courses you completed during the last 2 years of your curriculum.
- You have a grade-point average of 3.5 or higher (out of a possible 4.0) in the required courses you completed in your major field or the required courses you completed in your major field during the last 2 years of your curriculum.
3. ELECTION TO MEMBERSHIP IN A NATIONAL SCHOLASTIC HONOR SOCIETY
Q - Nonsensitive