Human Resouces Specialist (NAF)
This position is located at DCPAS, NAF Personnel Policy Division, Alexandria, Virginia
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Progressively responsible work experience that provides a comprehensive knowledge of two or more HR functional areas (staffing, compensation, classification, management-employee relations, labor relations) Must have experience which provided a comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and the current legal, regulatory or procedural requirements in performing the duties described above.Demonstrated ability to deal with peers in other agencies and with senior management officials within DoD. Demonstrated ability to interpreting laws and policies to provide management advisory services personnel management for a large, complex organization.
Must be able to effectively communicate orally, demonstrate strong writing skills and present findings and recommendations on research topics affecting NAF policies. Advanced education is highly desirable.
In addition to the above, highly-qualified candidates will also possess one of the following:
1. Experience as the chief of a Human Resources Office with responsibility for NAF employees.
2. Experience as a chief or Human Resources Specialist at a region, HQs, or comparable level within the Department of Defense.
3. Experience within a region or HQs within DoD which required expert-level knowledge in at least one of the following functional areas: Staffing, compensation, classification, management-employee relations, or DoD NAF Personnel Policy interpretation.
ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES MEETING HIGHLY-QUALIFYING CRITERIA WILL BE INITIALLY REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT SELECT A HIGHLY-QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL REFERRAL INCLUDING ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
Education is not required for this position and will not be utilized in meeting qualification requirements. Education is desired by management and may be taken into consideration as part of your overall accomplishments. If you would like your education to be considered by the hiring official, you must attach copies of transcripts (online transcripts will be accepted). Only education from accredited and pre-accredited institutions will be accepted. Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalency in the United States. For more information, please go tohttp://careers.state.gov/uploads/2f/a2/2fa240dec9696f9971308c2897b824af/foreign_ed_eval.pdf
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).