This position is part of the Defense Legal Services Agency. As a Administrative Officer, this position is located in the Trial Judiciary, Office of the Military Commissions, Defense Legal Services Agency, Department of Defense (DoD), (here after "Trial Judiciary"). The Trial Judiciary is responsible for providing the military judges detailed to preside over criminal trials convened under the MCA 2009 timely and accurate legal and procedural advice and support both in the continental United States (CONUS) and at the U.S. Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO). The Trial Judiciary also coordinates all administrative and logistical support to the judges on a daily basis. Finally, the Trial Judiciary serves as the interface between the military judges and the Office of Military Commissions, Office of the Convening Authority, the Prosecution, the Defense and other organizations in preparation of and during commission proceedings.
The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) is the principal staff element of the Secretary of Defense in the exercise of policy development, planning, resource management, fiscal, and program evaluation responsibilities. OSD includes the immediate offices of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Under Secretaries of Defense, Director of Defense Research and Engineering, Assistant Secretaries of Defense, General Counsel, Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Assistants to the Secretary of Defense, Director of Administration and Management, and such other staff offices as the Secretary establishes to assist in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day administrative support operational functions.
- Plan and develop short and long-term Human Capital Strategic requirements.
- Understand and apply budgetary policies, processes, and regulatory guidelines ensuring the execution of funding requirements.
- Understand and apply the travel management database system programs.
- Understand and apply the policies, processes, and procedures for the Purchase Program Cardholder.
Conditions of Employment:
- This position is designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the civilian drug-testing program and will require you to pass screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and subsequent periodic drug screening thereafter.
- This position requires employee to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance
- Travel may be required.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade.
All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.