SAFETY COODINATOR (PATROL SUPERVISOR)
Associates Degree in appropriate area or equivalent combination of experience and training that could provide the required skills:
- Knowledge of emergency planning, threat management, physical security and supportive technologies around surveillance cameras, fire and security systems, computer software, and radio communications
- 10 years or more field experience in law enforcement leadership and management or related experience at the decision making level.
- FEMA coursework on ICS, Emergency Planning
The Patrol Supervisor reports to the Safety and Security Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Patrol Supervisor is responsible for ensuring an effective, coordinated response to local schools for calls for service initiated 24/7. The Patrol Supervisor manages a full and part time staff who patrol assigned schools to detect and deter fire, theft, vandalism and other unauthorized activities and conditions, which could endanger students, personnel, and property of Loudoun County Public Schools. This position also fills in for any long term absences for Safety and Security Specialists in the High School environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily leadership and decision making in the field, responds to calls for service from schools requesting security assistance.
- Assists Administrators during emergency events, evacuations, and initial Incident Command responsibilities.
- Performs administrative responsibilities in support of Time and attendance, Leave approval, scheduling and performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Provides guidance to Principals and school staff in responding to security matters.
- Provides support in handling security calls for service and provides liaison with law enforcement and Fire and Rescue personnel, works with Transportation Dispatch coordinating school resources as well as communications.
- Prepares written guidelines and updates standard operating procedures for staff guidance.
- Substitutes for school based security staff when needed.
- Performs related work as directed.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 16
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -