Research Assistant, Center for Global Health Science and Security - Georgetown University Medical C
6 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant, Center for Global Health Science and Security - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Center for Global Health Science and Security conducts original research to help decision makers worldwide build sustainable capacities to prevent, detect, and respond to public health emergencies. We explore the growing demands on the world's public health infrastructure, from policies intended to contain transnational disease threats to the economic benefits of promoting health in the world's poorest nations, and the changing roles for health in domestic and international security and diplomacy.
The Research Assistant works directly with the Center's Co-Directors and all research staff to support ongoing research projects, new initiatives, events, and the teaching and service mission of the Center.
- Supports the research functions of the Center, including production of papers and manuscripts.
- Assists in management of deliverables.
- Assists in event planning.
- Works with Center staff on travel logistics.
- Maintains website and social media accounts.
- Supports Center staff regarding teaching and service projects.
- Supervises student interns as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- A demonstrated interest in global health security
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Detail orientation and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic or Chinese preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.