Business Manager - Office of the University Registrar
Business Manager - Office of the University Registrar
Georgetown's Office of the University Registrar is dedicated primarily to the service of faculty and students through scheduling, registration, record keeping and reporting as well as assisting the deans and other administrative offices in their service. It seeks to demonstrate through action a commitment to building a sense of community.
The Business Manager provides financial and administrative support to the departments within the Office of the University Registrar. S/he navigates through all business processes established for the Georgetown Management System and Human Resource modules and manages month-end and fiscal close activities for the departments served, and all human resource transactions. Reporting to the Associate Vice President/University Registrar, the Business Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Main Campus Finance Office to develop the University Registrar's annual integrated planning and budgeting submission.
- Monitors financial operating results and ensure compliance with University policies.
- Serves as a resource to the Office of the University Registrar to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Processes month end and fiscal close activities for the Registrar's departments.
- Prepares reconciliations, accruals, journal transfers, encumbrances, and other business transactions.
- Actively engages with Main Campus Finance Office, General Accounting Office, Procurement and Contracts, Accounts Payable, Audit, and other University departments to ensure that transactions are in compliance with University and Main Campus policies and provide reports and/or information as requested.
GMS Financials Purchasing and Processing; HR and Payroll
- Reviews financial transactions in the Georgetown Management System, ensuring that all data is accurately entered and all Chart of Account elements are consistently assigned.
- Prepares and processes expense and travel reimbursements, journals, payables, petty cash, and receivables.
- Reviews supporting documentation for all transactions to ensure it is attached to the transaction and complete; and, if supporting documentation is insufficient, communicates directly with colleagues; and follows up as needed to complete the request.
- Initiates and tracks contracts and requisitions in compliance with University policies and purchasing guidelines.
- Ensures financial transactions keyed in GMS are complete, accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Prepares annual tax audit reports.
- Corresponds with the Purchasing Department and vendors as needed
- Ensures receipt of goods and resolves variances between orders and products received.
- Attends all mandatory GMS and Banner training sessions and performs at a high level within the Workday financial system and the Banner student information system.
- Escalates critical issues as necessary Department Administrator for HR and Payroll
- Participates in training for assigned GMS roles in addition to the Department Administrator role
- Coordinates requests for hires, terminations, transfers, costing allocation changes and compensation adjustments for staff and students.
- Accurately completes and submits forms and documentation as needed to appropriate offices to ensure timely processing of payroll and personnel transactions within GMS
- Reviews supporting documentation for requested payroll and personnel transactions, and if documentation is insufficient, communicates directly with departmental directors and colleagues.
Metrics and Monitoring
- Runs reports to assess data integrity and takes corrective action to resolve any issues.
- Prepares reports and/or data extracts for departments as requested.
- Assists with budget management as requested.
- Performs reconciliations for ProCards, grants, and non-grant accounts as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to Registrar and senior management.
- Makes travel arrangements for management and staff attending conferences.
- Maintains office equipment and provide timely management of service contracts.
- Maintains inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Notarizes documents as needed.
- Continually assesses and suggests improvements to realize operational efficiencies.
- Schedules and manages the Registrar's calendar as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of financial and/or administrative experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience - preference for experience with financial management
- 1 year of experience with Banner - preference for experience with Cognos and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a mastery of Excel - for example, VLOOKUPs, PivotTables - and experience and/or familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation, professional demeanor, and a commitment to teamwork
- Diplomatic and confident in handling all situations, especially those of a confidential nature and in interactions with senior University administrators or particularly demanding assignments or situations
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and dependably meet deadlines
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.