Principal Software Engineer
Summary: This position is responsible for the overall design and development of new software products. This individual will enhance existing software as well as research and integrate new design strategies to meet product specifications.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software by drawing on experience with PL/SQL.
- Implementing applications and processing algorithms directly within an Oracle database.
- Working with advanced features in Oracle database versions 11 and 12.
- UNIX filesystems, data modeling, and writing technical documents.
- Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolve complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Research emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provide customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- May telecommute to West Des Moines, Iowa from any U.S. location.
Degree in Commerce, Business, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
8+ years of professional experience reflecting demonstrable ability in the skill set described above.