Sr Program/Project Manager
Summary: This position is typically responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks, as well as supervising more than 25 employees, both exempt and non-exempt, including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection, as this role provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers.
- Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Manage contracts deliverables and provide leadership for programs and projects as assigned.
- Ensure that programs meet and exceed expectations by overseeing program activities, timeliness, budget and internal quality control standards.
- Manages the scope of projects to ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner according to the customer's and Company's requirements plus ensure contracts/projects are meeting client expectations.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently involving coordination of resources and tasks across multiple contracts. Identify barriers and risk factors that may inhibit or impede the project and define mitigation strategies.
- Actively engage in change management with stakeholders to ensure successful acceptance and readiness of delivered solution.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- 10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Experience with MS Project preferred
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance Standards preferred
- Experience with Adobe Professional Software preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.