Sr. Oracle Database Administrator- Polygraph
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Install new databases and apply maintenance fixes/patches supplied by vendor
12. Perform setup and tuning of system parameters
13. Tune the database for the OS platform of choice
14. Ensure appropriate storage for the DBMS (capacity planning)
15. Enable the DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software
16. Interface with any other technologies required by database applications
17. Install and maintain third-party DBA tools
18. Create and maintain replication
19. Monitor database health
20. Upgrade DBs to most recent stable version
21. Ensure database security
22. Plan and implement backups and recovery
23. Create new schemas and user accounts with required privileges
24. Troubleshoot problems
25. Setup automated jobs within database for loading, backups or status notification
26. Provide import or export support for datasets
27. Support scheduled database or application outages
28. Maintain documentation for Standard Operating Procedures, After Action Reports, configuration setup and installation and patching procedures.
29. Participates in special projects as required. #CPOST ,#DPOST
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Experience with Oracle RAC 11g and 12c
- Experience with Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Guard
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience supporting an enterprise software development environment
- Experience with customer encryption-at-rest products
- Experience with database networking security, including PKI certificates, Oracle wallets, Java Keystores, and configuring SSL/TLS
- Experience with UNIX-based environments
Experience supporting MySQL
- Experience with Oracle replication technologies Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate.
- Experience installing and configuring Galera Cluster for MySQL
- Familiarity with SQL Developer or SQL Work Bench
10-15 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.