Forensic Coordinator - Psychologist
Forensic Evaluator/Clinical Psychologist
We are looking for a Forensic Psychologist Evaluator to join our dynamic clinical team in providing clinical and administrative services for individuals with civil and forensic status. Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute serves a diverse population in the Northern Virginia region and leads the region in the promotion of hope and recovery for individuals who have mental illness.
NVMHI encourages collaboration among its clinicians and promotes an environment of innovative thinking, shared leadership and ongoing professional development. Duties include providing forensic evaluations, psychological evaluations to address diagnostic questions and to assist in clinical formulation and treatment, providing treatment (group, individual, family and behavioral) consultation services, as well as performing administrative duties. The successful candidate will have the ability to complete forensic evaluations, a thorough knowledge of the interaction between mental health and legal systems, and exceptional ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Graduation from an accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology required.
- VA license as Clinical Psychologist required.
- Specialized education and/or training in forensic psychology required.
- Successful completion of Basic Forensic Evaluation training offered by the Institute of Law Psychiatry and Public Policy or waiver allowing the incumbent to conduct competency to stand trial and sanity evaluations required within six months of employment.
- Previous experience in inpatient setting and knowledge of forensic mental health treatment preferred
A fingerprint-based criminal history check and pre-employment drug screening will be required of the selected candidate.
For consideration, please submit a completed Commonwealth of Virginia application on-line at http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov. (website: www.nvmhi.dbhds.virginia.gov) All applications must be submitted through the on-line application process.