Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA), an organization dedicated to serving those who serve this great nation, seeks a Senior Accountant to provide general ledger accountability, financial reporting, profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
- Reconciling revenue received from members and death claims expense to subsidiary ledgers and preparing reports and supporting analysis as needed
- Preparing daily cash journal entries and cash flow reports
- Preparing a range of journal entries, including intercompany entries, to meet monthly closing deadlines
- Assisting with preparations for year-end close, property tax filings, and internal and external financial audits
- Assisting in the research and resolution of accounting issues as assigned
- Other projects as assigned
Best-suited candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience, handling various accounting functions, with a demonstrated track record of accomplishment
- CPA, or active CPA candidate
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel a must
- Experience in Lawson, Lifepro, Fineos applications a plus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of financial data and prepare accurate management reports in a timely manner
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with employees at all levels in a multi-organization structure, as well as with third parties
- Detail oriented and organized in work habits
- Ability to consistently meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AFBA is conveniently located in Old Town Alexandria. We offer a competitive compensation package, including a 401k plan with generous employer match, employer-funded pension plan, health insurance, life insurance, LTD, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Tuesday, June 13, 2017.