Support Specialist Trainee
SUPPORT SPECIALIST TRAINEE
Treatment Process Division
(Internal ID: 5351)
$31,527.26 - $52,070.45
Open Until Filled
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority (UOSA) is a regional water reclamation plant serving four jurisdictions (Fairfax County, Prince William County, City of Manassas and City of Manassas Park).
Performing progressively difficult tasks; working independently as well as in conjunction with experienced employees. Manual labor involving pumps, hoses, shovels and ladders. Performs work in confined spaces as requested; must meet all confined space entry requirements. Examples of tasks to be performed are degreasing and de-scaling pipes, floors, pumps, and other surfaces, entry into dirty basins, hosing/vactoring filter media, and repetitive diffuser replacement, etc. Must be able to handle physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and carrying of up to 75 pounds. Must be able to follow verbal instructions and complete assigned tasks with intermittent supervision.
Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills as part of a small team. Works cooperatively and minimizes conflicts. Takes pride in the success of the team and holds self and other team members responsible for fulfilling team responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to work long periods outdoors in hot and cold environments with heavy exertion. Recognizes the dangers associated with heavy equipment and industrial environments and maintains a safety-first attitude. Has well-developed mechanical work, plumbing, and pump system skills and uses hand tools effectively. Has skill in operating heavy equipment, such as backhoes, dozers, and rubber-tire loaders. Has good knowledge of UOSA processes and facilities and the procedures necessary to accomplish descaling and utility tasks. Identifies necessary work and performs it without needing to be asked, then communicates results to team members and supervisors. Actively seeks to learn new things and develop as an employee.
- Completion of high school or a GED program is required or any combination of education, experience, and training coupled with a high school education or completion of a GED program that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
- Experience or aptitude in mobile, vehicular, and industrial mechanical equipment operation and maintenance is required.
- Possession of a vehicle operator’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- May be required to obtain a Commercial Operator’s Driver’s License.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and/or carrying up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet the needs of the plant. Will be required to respond to adverse weather and other plant-related emergencies and/or situations requiring on-call duty and may be required to work overtime.
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, physical exam, and background check paid for by UOSA.
All applicants must complete an application via the UOSA website: www.uosa.org > Careers > Employment Opportunities > Candidate Profile or by using the link below to apply: https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/6132450.jobs?rnd=WIO.