Sr. Cost Accountant
Gryphon, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a premier engineering services firm with expertise in Systems Integration, C4ISR, T&E and Integrated Logistics with a focus on Cyber Security for Control Systems for all Navy platforms and systems. Gryphon provides the skills necessary to manage the development and operations of these mission critical systems. For over 15 years, the Company has designed, integrated, maintained, and upgraded state-of-the-art systems for the Department of Defense. Gryphon also provides many of its government clients with the systems analysis, integration, and program management skills necessary to manage the development and operations of their mission critical systems. Gryphon Technologies is the federal government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon Technologies, LC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled, & Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Billing customers (Monthly and Bi-Weekly);
- Making collection calls/cold-calling;
- Reconciling unbilled and provide a monthly detailed explanation of unbilled; and
- Preparing closeouts for old and recently ended projects, as needed.
The candidate must have experience with billing Seaport-E and Navy contracts, tracking CLIN/SLIN/ACRN details monthly, reconciling disbursement history, reading contracts, and must understand how to set up a project in Deltek Costpoint based on identifying invoicing requirements in the contract.
The candidate must be detailed oriented, able to problem solve independently, work under little supervision, be able to take initiative, and be able to work in a tight deadline environment.
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Ten years in the Government Contracting business
- Five years of recent experience in billing in CostPoint
- Minimum of two to three years in billing of Navy/SeaPort-E contracts
- Must have CPFF, FFP and T&M style invoice experience
- Project Setup experience
- WAWF (Wide Area Work Force) experience
- Has billed contract with MultipleCLIN/SLIN/ACRN's on one invoice
- Familiar with DFAS payment office
- Able to maintain AR and collection calls
- Advanced experience level using Deltek/CostPoint and Deltek/Cognos
Able to read contracts to make sure invoices are created and follow the Customer/DCAA/FAR requirements:
- Monitor project funding;
- Revenue recognition and analysis; and
- Understanding and able to explain unbilled.
- Experience with conducting Contract Closeout Billing -Maintaining/Analyzing, and Project Unbilled
- Can work independently and with short/tight deadlines
- Good with communicating with Customer/Co-Workers in HQ and out in the field
- Strong in Excel, Word, Outlook, Cognos
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.