Secret Cleared – Lead Linux System Engineer
A Sparks Group premier partner is looking to hire a Lead System Engineer (Linux & Unix) with a multinational Information Technology company and member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies.
This person will be the Senior System Administrator managing over 100 Linux servers and providing technology leadership to the team. Location will be in Alexandria, VA at a Department of Defense cleared facility.
Under this program, our partner provides IT development and maintenance support to Department of Defense office-level systems. The office supports a wide variety of business systems for the Department of Defense customers. They have been providing software development services for this Department of Defense customer for over 25 years, continuously modernizing the applications, infrastructure, and development practices to implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of the customers. This is a full funded role and we are looking to hire ASAP!
- Experience as a Senior Level Engineer is required; will be expected to mentor younger team members and exchange knowledge.
- Manage approximately 100 Linux servers without help.
- Able to speak about personal accomplishments with Linux.
- Perform scripting maintenance across multiple networks.
- Work in Apache Web server and handle escalations across the team.
- Position requires a minimum of Secret clearance
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Unix Scripting (Shell/Perl)
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSL/TLS
- Web Server (Apache/IIS)
- Enterprise Patching
- Security and Hardening
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Secret Cleared – Lead Linux System Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly