NATO ITM SharePoint Technical Writer
The Information Technology (IT) Modernisation (ITM) project will transform the way IT services are provided to users across the NATO enterprise, including the NATO Command Structure (NCS), the NATO Headquarters (NHQ), elements of the NATO Force Structure and NATO agencies. This will be achieved by modernizing, consolidating, and centralizing the infrastructure and service management, and by pooling and abstracting resources. In turn, this will allow an enterprise perspective to be taken, and services to be delivered according to standard and measureable service level agreements, offering a higher quality, more flexible, resilient, and secure set of services at significantly lower costs to the user community. The SharePoint-focused technical writer will work with subject matter experts (SMEs), the customer, and the Program Management Office to ensure all customer requirements and compliance requirements are met and the proper level of detail is included for the intended audience. The successful candidate will have a perspective on translating and organizing complex information into clear and concise documentation. The ability to drive consistency and unity across documents is essential for success.
- Researches, prepares and edits documents for publication, including manuals, installation guides, documentation, processes and procedures, and reports.
- Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
- Ensures documents meet customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Produce results in a timely fashion with the ability to seamlessly change priorities as needed.
- Interfaces with project team to develop out of the box SharePoint solutions for document storage.
- Ensures programmatic documentation is stored in an easily accessible manner
- Interact efficiently and successfully with staff at all levels.
- Attends regular client and internal team meetings and drafts meeting minutes with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with configuration management to ensure that documentation is in configuration control.
- High level of computer literacy, including strong skills using Microsoft Office products and significant experience with document management tools like SharePoint as a power user or administrator.
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall project success.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 2-5 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation.
- 2+ years working with SharePoint in a Knowledge Management capacity
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research, writing and editing.
- Knowledge of and ability to uses various word-processing and desktop publishing software applications.
- Basic knowledge of C++ or Java not required but is encouraged