- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. The Enterprise Monitoring Team will monitor Services across the IT infrastructure. Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills needed to create instructions, respond to inquiries, and relay instructions to others.Familiar with broad technical areas which might include: networking, servers/virtualization/storage, Linux/Unix, Windows, information security.Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.General knowledge of business continuity dependencies and recovery procedures for operating systems and application backups and restores.General system maintenance and troubleshooting skills, including software and hardware; networking, installations, patches, scans, updates, backups, wiring, virus protection and error resolution.Must demonstrate flexibility and teamwork.Possess and demonstrates strong customer service skills; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills.Must be self-directed, detailed oriented, organized and have excellent follow-up skills.Ability to multi-task and follow verbal and written instructions.Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques.Support incident/problem management resolution activities to include technical exchange meetings, after actions reports, major incident response, daily service incidents, and escalation to the problem management team.Support Quality Assurance analysis for incident management tickets and reports.Certifications: ITIL Foundations v.3 ITIL Service Operations Intermediate 8570 (Security+) Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 and ITIL Service Operation Intermediate Certification within twenty-one (21) days of Hire Date. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.