Program Associate (Pre-Kindergarten), NF-1702-03
3 days left
- Full Time
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, and parental responsibility.
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
This is a Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) position located at Silver Spring, U.S. Army Installation, in the Child, Youth and School Services (CYSS), Child Development Center (CDC).
The Child Development Center (CDC) provides full-time care to children ages 6 weeks through 5 years Monday through Friday from 6:00 am until 6:00 pm.
-This position is supervised and first line rated by the assistant facility director and senior rated by the Facility Director. Performance is evaluated on compliance with established standards.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel between Silver Spring and Fort Detrick
- Meet Target-level requirements and satisfactory performance. - Possess eighteen (18) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Possess and maintain a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Military School-Age Credential.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth. - Possess AA degree with major emphasis in early childhood education or child development.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis in early childhood education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or related behavioral sciences.
Experience working as a Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant, Child and Youth Program Technician, or Child and Youth Program Assistant (Target Level 4) is highly preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.