Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant (Level 5), CY-1702-02
3 days left
- Full Time
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
The Child Development Center (CDC) provides full-time care to children ages 6 weeks through 5 years Monday through Friday 6:00 am until 6:00 pm. The CEC follows the Creative Curriculum philosophy and believes that children learn through play, free flowing creativity, and exploration of their environment. The CDC strives to provide children with opportunities to make choices and to experience success in an environment designed to meet all of their development needs.
Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for children during a variety of daily scheduled indoor and outdoor activities, field trips, outings and/or special events. Foster a program environment that promotes positive child and youth interactions with other children, youth and adults.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel between Silver Spring and Fort Detrick
Meet entry-level requirements and candidate must:
- Meet Target-level requirements and satisfactory performance. - Possess eighteen (18) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Posses and maintain one of the following: Child Development Associate (CDA), Army School Age Credential (including Boys and Girls of America) or Army Practicum.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth. - Possess AA degree with major emphasis in childcare.
- Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or related behavioral sciences.
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.