Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) is a Customer-Driven, Customer-Focused organization, and is internationally known as a preeminent provider of research, development, engineering and integration services in the areas of soldier and squad protection and systems integration, military rations and field feeding equipment, military parachuting and airdrop systems, and expeditionary basing. Through our research in areas such as materials sciences, biochemistry, human performance and human sciences; technology development and integration; and systems engineering, product development and support, the NSRDEC plays a vital role in maximizing the effectiveness of America's military. Help shape our future to become the Leader in Empowering the World's Most Capable Soldiers.
This position will be primarily located at Ft. Belvoir, VA within the offices of the Product Manager for Soldier Clothing and Individual Equipment. Frequent travel to Natick and technical synchronization will be required for team cohesion. Ft. Belvoir is located approximately 30 minutes south of Washington, DC in Springfield, VA. Information on Ft. Belvoir can be found at: http://www.belvoir.army.mil/welcome.asp. The government will not pay relocation or housing costs for individuals interested in this position.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: the next lower grade level/pay band (GS-11) in the federal service that demonstrates the following: 1) knowledge of clothing design and development of uniform clothing and individual equipment such as hand wear or headwear; 2) providing technical advice and guidance on the fabrication of clothing and individual equipment samples/prototypes; 3) leading problem solving solutions regarding design and construction of uniform clothing and individual equipment.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Clothing Design & Textiles
- Knowledge of Construction and Material
- Knowledge of Program Management
- Knowledge of Testing and Evaluation
- Ability to Communicate
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- TERM Position one trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You will be required to travel 25% of the time.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Completion of mandatory acquisition Level II certification requirements in the career field of Production, Quality and Manufacturing for this position is a condition of employment and must be accomplished within 24 months of assignment.
- You must complete a Financial Disclosure Agreement
- Must be able to lift items in excess of 40 lbs.
- TERM Appointment maybe extended up to a maximum of four years.