Intermittent Professor of Acquisition Management
Are you ready to help a world-class corporate university meet the challenge of reaching over 150,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is a world-class corporate university. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously advance the use of technology and learning methods to create dynamic and effective learning and development products and services.
This is NOT a full-time position and the position does not have a recurring work schedule. Intermittent positions enable the University to meet a broad range of customer requirements, including surge, providing diverse acquisition and leadership experience to promote the learning, development and performance of the Defense Acquisition Workforce.
There is no minimum guarantee of hours of work for an intermittent position and the total hours that may be worked in a 12-month period may not exceed 1000 hours. The number of hours that are available to be worked in a position during a 12-month period will be subject to the needs of the Defense Systems Management College (DSMC) and negotiated between DSMC and the applicant.
- 25% or Greater
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
The following minimum qualifications are based on Career Faculty Section, Group C requirements, as defined in the DAU Faculty Plan, and amended to require that at least one-year of your specialized experience was/has been at the GS-15 Government pay level or non-Federal/industry equivalent.
- DAU Faculty Plan (Career Faculty Section Group C) prerequisite of a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study relevant to Defenses acquisition.
- DAU Faculty Plan (Career Faculty Section Group C) prerequisite of a minimum of eight years of Government or industry experience in Defense acquisition and/or requirements management positions.
- DAU Faculty Plan (Career Faculty Section Group C) prerequisite of specialized experience directly relating to the DUTIES described above.
- At least one year of your specialized experience must have been at the GS-15 Government pay level or non-Federal/industry equivalent.
- The President of DAU has the authority to waive one or more of these criteria.
- If selected for this position, you will be subject to a security investigation and you may be required to apply and be cleared for a Secret Clearance. Continued employment will be contingent on completion of the appropriate investigation and satisfactory results.
- The Department of Defense is committed to maintaining an ethical culture and upholding the principles of ethical conduct.As a DoD Employee, you will be subject to the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch as well as the criminal conflict of interest statutes.As a new Government employee, or as a new employee to this Department, you will be required to receive initial ethics orientation within 3 months of appointment.Information on ethics regulations applicable to DoD employees can be obtained from the DoD Standards of Conduct Office website at: http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/
- If you are offered a Critical Acquisition Position, you will be required to become a member of the DoD Acquisition Corps.DoD Instruction 5000.58R specifies qualification standards for Corps membership.
- Positions to be filled by this announcement are authorized by the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the Excepted Service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive service voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Appointment made as a result of this announcement will be made for a period of one year; this period may be extended based on satisfactory performance and a continuing university requirement.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
- This may be designated as a drug testing position.