Associate Administrator, Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity
For the 5th year in a row NASA has been ranked the best large agency to work for in the federal government by the Partnership for Public Service.
About the Agency (http://nasajobs.nasa.gov/careers-lp.htm)
The AA ODEO is responsible for providing executive leadership, advocacy, advising, and assisting the Administrator on all matters relevant to 1) developing and aligning equal opportunity (EO), civil rights compliance, and diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, policies, and processes consistent with the Agency’s mission, strategic goals, and performance outcomes; 2) establishing Agency-wide policies on diversity and EO and defining strategies, program objectives, and top-level requirements; 3) ensuring statutory, regulatory, and fiduciary compliance with EO laws; 4) providing technical assistance, training, and advocacy to promote an open and inclusive workplace; 5) ensuring consistency of approach to improve functional performance across the Agency; and 6) monitoring diversity and EO program performance.
To qualify candidates must have the skill and ability to perform the duties described above as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/managerial experience, normally with several years at the GS-15 level or equivalent, which clearly demonstrates the ability to manage people and resources.
Candidates must also demonstrate qualifications in the managerial and technical areas noted below. See the SES Handbook and NASA's Guide to Effectively Preparing Executive Core Qualifications for more information.
IMPORTANT: CANDIDATES MUST FULLY ADDRESS ALL ITEMS UNDER EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS AS WELL AS ALL ITEMS UNDER TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU COMPLETE YOUR ANSWERS OFF-LINE IN ADVANCE OF BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, SO THAT YOU CAN INSERT THEM INTO THE ELECTRONIC FORM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SAVED.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Leading Change - Involves the ability to bring about strategic change, within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - Involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - Involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - Involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
1. Demonstrated experience providing leadership, applying management principles, and directing high-level EEO operations on matters pertaining to administrative complaints processing of formal and informal EEO complaints filed pursuant to Federal laws and regulations. This includes long-range strategic planning, leading and influencing large groups of personnel across organizations. Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
2. Extensive experience managing multifaceted compliance programs including administering EEO laws and processes with respect to the non-discrimination obligations of Federal financial assistance recipients (e.g., Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975). Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
3. Extensive knowledge and extensive experience interpreting EEO laws, Executive Orders, administrative and court decisions, and regulatory requirements pertaining to discrimination complaints processing and Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR). This includes planning, development, and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, and criteria for responding to individual, contingent worker, and class action discrimination complaints. Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
U.S. citizenship is required.