ASST SUPERINTENDENT FOR DIGITAL INNOVATION
6 days left
- Full Time
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Computer Science, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Candidates may present equivalent experience
- Demonstrated professional experience as a technology leader and innovator
- At least three years’ experience in K-12 education preferred
- At least five years’ supervisory experience preferred
- At least ten years’ professional work experience preferred
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills
The Assistant Superintendent for Digital Innovation serves as the chief technology/chief information officer for the school division. The Assistant Superintendent provides leadership for developing and implementing digital innovation initiatives for meaningful, effective and secure uses of technology throughout the division. The incumbent will direct, coordinate, supervise, facilitate or perform all tasks and elements needed to integrate appropriate technology. The Assistant Superintendent will contribute to the infusion of digital innovation into teaching and learning, as well as the operations of the division, by providing leadership in all areas of digital innovation planning and technology resource management.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in all aspects of digital innovation for the school division
- Coordinate the collaborative development, refinement and execution of a long-range plan to use technology to help meet division goals, complete with performance targets, performance measures, and action plans; collaborate with the Superintendent, Cabinet, Senior Staff, principals, and others to make informed decisions
- Cultivate and manage a high-performing, growth-oriented team in support of all technology applications to help meet division goals; create, support, and participate in cross-functional teams for needs assessment, decision-making, technology support, professional learning and other aspects of the division technology program
- Collaboratively lead initiatives to adopt and implement technology in all aspects of division work, including digital innovation initiatives that put authentic, challenging problems at the heart of teaching and learning
- Manage the budget and serve as a strong business leader who guides purchasing decisions, assesses the return on investment for all technology implementations, strategically reallocates resources as appropriate, and fosters good relationships with vendors, potential funders, and other key groups
- Manage the creation, implementation, and enforcement of policies and educational programs relating to the social, legal, and ethical issues related to technology use through the division
- Performs related work as required and all other duties as directed by the Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent for Digital Innovation reports to the Division Superintendent and serves as a member of the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE POSTING NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee would operate in a professional office environment and maintain a work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary: $170,000 to $190’s
12 Month Administrative Position (FLSA Exempt)DAYS: FROM - TO -