TEAM LEADER - SAFETY & SECURITY
Associates Degree in appropriate area or equivalent combination of experience and training that could provide the required skills:
- Knowledge of Fire and Security systems as well as DVR, camera deployment, and security computer software currently deployed in LCPS schools
- 10 years or more field experience in Fire and Security Systems
- Possesses the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) for Fire Alarm Systems.
The Team Leader reports to the Safety and Security Coordinator in charge of Security Infrastructure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Safety and Security Technicians are tasked with working on a wide variety of security systems and equipment. As talent and knowledge increases among the Technicians, the necessity of providing leadership and direction in the field to assist in call prioritization and case management is critical. The Team Leader provides technical expertise as well as training and development to personnel across the spectrum of Fire, Safety, and Security systems.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily leadership and call priority management in the field, responding to calls for service from schools requesting security assistance
- Assumes all administrative responsibilities in support of time and attendance, leave approval, scheduling and performance evaluations for assigned staff
- Provides feedback and guidance to principals in technical matters related to fire and security equipment and maintenance in schools.
- Prepares written guidelines and updates standard operating procedures for staff guidance
- Performs related work as required
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 14
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -