Senior Manager, Customer Solutions Engineering North America
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17081.CSE-North America
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 30%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 12 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: YesJoin an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a senior leader, you will be responsible for managing a technical team of engineers that enhance and execute “the value story” of Intelsat's service product line, while owning and delivering the “operational story”. Your team provides high level technical and/or strategic support to Sales, Product Management, New Product Development, Business Development, Satellite Planning, Network Engineering, Network Operations and Legal teams by developing innovative, creative and strategic solutions focused on Intelsat's germane business drivers. Through the management of cross-functional teams, this role will develop and implement strategic solutions that support key business requirements while delivering value to both Intelsat and the customer. You will ensure that technical experts generate the highest possible value solution by leveraging cutting edge technology, in order to guarantee the best practice development and execution of service product strategies. With a focus on revenue growth and profit margin, this position will own the most complex projects and ensure that service offerings are aligned with the strategic needs of our customers. You will enhance internal policies and establish the proper metrics to measure and drive efficiencies, with the end goal of creating a customer-focused culture. This role manages customer communication associated with service related issues, including satellite anomalies, service outages/degradations and customer credit requests, and ensures transparent and consistent communication to both internal and external customers.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, physics, math or related field required with at least twelve years of high-level experience in the satellite industry (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Prior experience in Customer Solutions Engineering or other Sales Engineering function.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- Proven record of leadership (must have had direct report responsibility) and results driven project/program management.
- Advanced knowledge of satellite and terrestrial network operations, satellite and terrestrial communications operations, and the sales process.
- In-depth knowledge of strategies for the oversight and optimization of satellite fleets, with strong knowledge of the industry and trends in the satellite services marketplace.
- Strong understanding of cost drivers of hybrid satellite/ground solutions.
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills with ability grow positive relationships and influence customers and senior management.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, focused on collaborative win-win solutions.
Candidates with the following are given preference:
- MBA, preferred.
- Provide high level systems level engineering solution support to Regional Sales Team, serving as a liaison between Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) and Product Management for standard and non-standard solutions for strategic customer accounts and new business opportunities.
- Work closely with Product Management to drive innovation and technical development to enhance service products offered.
- Support new satellite and IntelsatOne terrestrial network design and deployment planning including coordination with support groups and flow down of technical/operational constraints to Regional CSE team.
- Propose goals and objectives for the design and development of product offerings where technology and technical solutions are driven by business opportunities.
- Provide expert engineering expertise and support with complex and leading edge LBA and MDA analysis and integrated terrestrial solutions.
- Manage activities across departments and provide leadership to Sales, Product Management, New Product Development, Business Development, Finance, Network Engineering, Operations, Satellite Engineering and Legal, as required.
- Manage the largest and/or most complex customer accounts as the full life cycle technical contact.
- Coordinate and assist ROL1 and ROL2 in prioritization of service impacting events.
- Prioritize interference conditions and manage a cross-functional team to ensure that customer impact is minimized and resolution is achieved in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain internal policies and standards, including those associated with the sales order handling process.
- Maintain CSE/CM/CAT/ concept of operations, core principles and processes to ensure the alignment of messaging across CSE Regional teams.
- Manage the Operational Expenses of the staff and maintain costs within the allocated budget expenses.
- Delegate work and hold direct reports accountable to ensure that best practice procedure is incorporated from a multiple department perspective.
- Monitor compliance with current operating standards, to best assess team effectiveness and process alignment.
- Hire, mentor, and develop effective career path plans for employees in order to increase key skills needed both in the management and technical capability sets.
- Enhance training materials and deliver ongoing training to team members in order to minimize any modifications to planning that could result in the potential loss of revenue or risk to business.
- Maintain an extensive and in-depth knowledge of Intelsat service offerings and capabilities.
- Support Product Management, Sales and Regional CSE teams during trade shows and customer events.
- Ensure Regional CSE teams have the tools & resources needed to support both Sales and Customers.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.