Systems Administrator I
IDA's Enterprise IT Operations group is seeking a dynamic and technically sound professional for their vacant entry-level Systems Administrator I opportunity. The Systems Administrator I maintains multiple IT systems, servers and software. Applies general professional-level knowledge to solve non-routine problems. Responsibilities include maintaining systems functionality, availability, security, and performance. Assists in the implementation of programs or projects that effect the organization’s goals and objectives. Provides support of IT operational tasks and requirements. Maintains configuration standards and adheres to IT best practices and corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Provides operational support and maintenance to ensure systems functionality, availability, security, and performance.
- Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives and assists the engineering staff in the transition of operational support.
- Assists in the build of new physical and virtual servers to design specifications.
- Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements.
- Follows standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provides technical support and resolution to a range of non-routine operational problems.
- Administers and maintains the classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
- Develops technical proficiency in IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the Network and Server Operations Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline and one year of relevant technical experience. Possess a working knowledge for managing and supporting servers, systems, and software, preferably Microsoft. Experience with EMC, VMWare, Citrix, Linux and CommVault a plus. Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with general supervision. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule. Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.Ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 IAT I certification. Certification must be achieved within six months of hire date. U.S. Citizenship is required.