Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA, seeks a Reporter to perform general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces on environmental topics. Research, and write news stories and features for assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover assigned beat(s).
- File breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs.
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas.
- Report, research, and write news stories and features (including scoops, as well as complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s).
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beat(s).
- Edit material written by other staff members, from other BBNA publications, or from outside authors to make appropriate for your topic area.
- Help curate articles from outside authors.
- Participate in the production of unit's publication(s).
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline’ proficient in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; and excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s with coursework in English or journalism preferred.