Principal Network Engineer TS.SCI Required
Knowledge and Experience
- 8+ years of Cisco experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, and MPLS.
- Knowledge of Hierarchical Network design and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
- Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
- Experience with crypto logical devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges.
Should hold at least one CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT or similar network certification.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.