Superintendent - Commercial Construction Interiors
Since 1998, Bognet Construction successfully builds fast-track commercial interiors and base building projects ranging in size from a few thousand square feet to over 250,000 square feet. At Bognet, we know that when it comes to construction, customers do not like surprises. We work tirelessly to anticipate things that might go wrong or delay a project. We develop solutions to make sure that issues never become problems. We call this being "relentlessly proactive" and hold ourselves to this standard in everything we do. This focus on being "relentlessly proactive," allows Bognet to provide unmatched quality and service to our customers.
Must have commercial tenant interior experience Candidates living outside the Washington DC metropolitan area will not be considered.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Superintendent, the Superintendent’s role is to proactively plan, organize and direct each project to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs in depth reviews of drawings and contract documents to become familiar with requirements.
- Schedules subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion of project deadlines.
- Fully understands the subcontractor’s scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- Participates in a weekly scope of work meeting with subcontractors.
- Communicates the priorities of the project to the subcontractors and field staff.
- Manages long lead items that need to be expedited through the project schedule process.
- Communicates daily with the Project Manager. Works with the Project Manager in formulating the two week look ahead.
- Plans sequence of work using the timeframe provided by Estimating & Project Management.
- Assists the Project Manager with change order management in defining scope and schedule impact.
- Makes schedule commitments and is responsible for meeting project completion date and milestones throughout.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager regarding changed conditions notifications.
- Maintains a daily diary/log of all activities and site conditions.
- Ensures project site binder and related documents are organized.
- Ensures complete and accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets.
- Reviews T&M tickets for detail and accuracy.
- Submits daily tickets to Project Manager weekly.
- Understands proper methods and sequence of installation and ensures compliance. Identifies conflicts in construction process, evaluates possible solutions and their impact and communicates to project teams for immediate resolution.
- Ensures subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Understands and manages the occupancy process.
- Coordinates required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Performs quality control inspections for work performed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with building engineers; monitors satisfaction.
- Manages the punch list and closeout process through Owner/architect acceptance and obtains client sign off.
- Assists the Project Manager in managing OSHA inspections as needed.
- Understands role as On-Site Safety Manager and complies with company safety requirements.
- Ensures all subcontractor safety programs are received.
- Maintains a clean, safe, organized job site and office.
- Documents and emails pertinent construction stages with digital photos to Senior Superintendent weekly.
Bognet Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.
Apply for Superintendent - Commercial Construction Interiors
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly