Environmental Compliance Manager
We are seeking a highly-motivated and energetic multimedia environmental compliance manager for our office in Chantilly, Virginia. The successful candidate will manage environmental compliance projects for federal government clients.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (minimum 3.0 GPA required), have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in the environmental compliance field, and be able to obtain a Security Clearance. A professional engineer (PE) certification is encouraged.
The ideal candidate has experience with the following:
- Federal and state (MD, VA, DC preferred) environmental laws and regulations, including – but not limited to – CWA, CAA, SDWA, RCRA, EPCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, NEPA
- DoD Instructions
- Multimedia environmental compliance inspections
- Stormwater management (particularly MS4 permitting and compliance)
- Industrial wastewater discharges (NPDES and pre-treatment)
- Hazardous waste management
- Air emissions permitting and compliance
- Petroleum storage tank compliance (aboveground and underground storage tanks)
- Emergency response planning
- Plan writing (SWPPP, SPCC Plan, TMP, Virginia ODCP)
- Ozone-depleting substances program management
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
The successful candidate must be a team-oriented individual, able to work in a fast-paced environment, with the desire and skills to provide client, project, and staff management functions. The candidate will be responsible for the management of multiple projects and small project teams simultaneously. The candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess strong technical analysis and writing skills. Excellent written/verbal communication skills are required. The candidate must be willing to travel occasionally to client sites in the Washington, DC metro area.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid overtime, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.