Life Policy Analyst
The American Academy of Actuaries, a 19,000-member professional organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Life Policy Analyst to serve as primary staff support to the Academy’s Life Practice Council which focuses on the regulation of life insurance and annuities. The Life Policy Analyst will act as liaison to state and federal policymakers, and stakeholders from the life insurance sector.
Responsibilities of this key position include:
- Facilitate the work of the Life Practice Council, its committees and related work groups, including managing multiple projects, drafting meeting minutes, developing agendas, and coordinating volunteer members’ activities;
- Assist in the development and publication of policy statements and practice notes;
- Monitor state and federal legislation/regulations on pertinent life insurance issues;
- Identify key legislative or regulatory issues of interest to life insurance actuaries and coordinate activities on these issues.
- Produce educational webinars and seminars on actuarial issues of interest to life practice members of the Academy.
Bachelor’s degree required. Strong project management skills required. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task. Experience with or knowledge of life policy and life insurance issues preferred. Three to four years of association or private sector-comparable work desired. Government experience a plus.
The Academy offers a professional and challenging work environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, located near Metro. Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: HR Mgr., American Academy of Actuaries, 1850 M Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, 20036, or Email HR@actuary.org. View our Website at www.actuary.org.