Principal Systems Administrator - TS SCI req'd
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Provide Tier2 technical support for Automated Message Handling System (AMHS).
- Secure message and Routing Terminal, XML Information Bus, Information Transfer Systems, and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
- Utilize the ITILv3 processes and additoinal Standard Operating Procedures for event, incident, and configuration management of the Enterprise Network Messaging System.
- Perform operations and maintenance tasks for secure messaging communications systems to include server OS administration, database maintenance tasks, system releases and updates, and Informaton Assurance Vulnerability Alert compliance as directed by Tier 3.
- Log and track incidents in NETS service manager ticketing system.
- Report Situational Awareness information to the customer.
- Oversee SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans.
- Maintain SOCOMM and AUTODIN Customer Information Databases.
- Perform AUTODIN, AHMS backups, daily, partial, and weekly.
- Track and implement changes to the Signals Intelligence and Imagery Intelligence Reports Control Manual.
- Manage the messaging COOP program and testing.
- Provide Plain language address, functional address symbol and SOCOMM address baseline management.
- Provide configuration management for Tri-Graph and Message Management Letter.
This position requires very little to no supervision As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures.
Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e.; CompTIA Security+; or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. In addition; must have the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer; candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph.