Managing Driector, Incentives
Managing Director, Incentives Richmond, VA
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Managing Director to lead the Incentives Division. The Managing Director will be responsible for overseeing the reviewing, vetting, tracking, and coordinating of VEDP administered economic development incentives.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive administration and compliance program that manages the oversight of discretionary incentives
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to assist with proper use and administration of incentives
- Manage the disbursement of incentive proceeds
- Oversee incentive approval process including proper documentation, submission and notification to appropriate parties
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university required and MBA preferred.
- Experience with and working knowledge of business analytics, financial management, and organizational process improvement.
- Management experience required with demonstrated ability to develop and lead a strong team environment.
- Compliance, risk management, or audit experience preferred.
- Experience with database management and Salesforce preferred; Microsoft Office required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals, plan and implement projects, work with others to negotiate issues effectively, and to formulate and communicate recommendations.
- Understanding of economic development principles and process, as well as working knowledge of public financial incentives preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required. Salary commensurate with experience. Position to remain open until filled with expected start date of July 1, 2017.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at
1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120