Social Worker, LCSW
General Dynamics Health Solutions/ ARMA has an opening supporting the DOD POTFF Program: The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) shall function within an operational unit, as a Behavioral Health Care Provider. The LCSW shall attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following:
- Quality improvement meetingsProfessional staff meetingsCommander's staff meetingsOther meetings required by applicable regulations or as directed by the unit Commander of his/her designee
- Individual, family and group psychotherapyCouples therapyAlcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training. Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence. Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity. Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers. Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen. Maintain patient information in a patient registry. Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician. Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant. Performs case management functions.
- Master’s Degree (MS/MA) in Social WorkClinical license to independently practice social work
- TS/SCI ClearanceIn addition to required master’s level training and licensure, all LCSWs will have the following specialized training and education that prepare them for their duties. The contractor must possess the following qualifications:Must hold a Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree from a graduate school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.Have a minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting. Experience working in a Government setting such a DOD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF is preferable.Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.