Customer Service Specialist
General Dynamics is currently seeking Customer Service Specialists who will perform in a help desk and troubleshooting capacity. Customer Service Specialist provide customer service support via the telephone and/or internet to respond to customer inquiries and resolve technical issues. This position requires the ability to work in a technical capacity, providing technical support while analyzing complex data and troubleshooting complex customer service related issues, while at the same time, maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor, giving the customer the ultimate service experience. Job Responsibilities:
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Assists users with the installation, configuration, and upgrade of computer hardware and software of programs in multiple environments and provides education in the use of client mandated software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- May troubleshoot, analyze complex data, and resolve advanced application, corrupt database, and data processing issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Properly documents and tracks each issue/ticket in Remedy, and escalates issues that require more advanced research and troubleshooting to the appropriate support organizations.
- Properly assigns incident and service request tickets priority using impact and urgency and product categorization classification.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Please note that this assignment is up to 6 months in duration.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related customer service, call center or help desk experience.
- Ability to work 10 hour shift schedule.
- In an effort to support business need and provide shift support, shift flexability is required.
- Candidates will be required to work 40 hours a week for 3 weeks to complete training and after completion of training, the work schedule will be 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday. Please be advised that schedules may be changed at any time to accommodate business need.