Junior Linux Engineer TS/SCI Required
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.** We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems, that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance. This position will involve worldwide travel, as well as on-call support. GDIT duties may include:Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements. 4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems. 5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems. 7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 10. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications 2-5 years of related systems engineering experience. Candidates should have experience with these job functions
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems, RHEL 6.X and RHEL 7.X, Server, Workstation and Desktop,
- Experience with hardened RHEL builds, using Open SCAP and ACAS to identify vulnerabilities, and implementing technical controls required to mitigate the vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Red Hat Identity Management / Identity Policy Audit (IPA) Enterprise
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite
- Responsibilities may include customizing RHEL baselines, removing unneeded services/RPMs, and customizing the OS to support specific server and desktop hardware platforms.
- Responsibilities include engineering, testing and deploying servers and desktops using Red Hat Satellite provisioning services.
- Responsibilities include engineering, testing and deploying applications and updates using Red Hat Satellite Puppet services.
- Responsibilities may include troubleshooting RHEL application issues