With minimal supervision, the Lead Systems Administrator works as part of a large enterprise team to provide support on multiple Department of Defense (DoD) networks and enclaves. Performs regular hardware and software updates, and provides troubleshooting and technical support services, maintains and utilizes support standards for maintaining servers and support to customers. Ensures servers are in compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), FRAGOs, MTO's and other tasking orders when directed. Provides technical support and troubleshooting, performs installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of Data Center servers and related software. Delivers technical support to the USSOCOM and the Global Enterprise Operations Center (GEOC), its Enterprise components. over the phone or on site, as required. Additionally, must be able to implement system management tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) outlined by SOCOM, and as needed, support ancillary Data Center Services.
- Reads, understands and applies complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships. Interacts with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 teams or contractors to restore service and/or identify core problems. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end users and customers. Participates in new application and hardware rollouts, testing, and special projects as needed. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Provides additional systems administrative support and monitoring of assets such as database servers, file servers, print servers, network access, mobile devices, Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Servers, MS System Console Operations Manager (SCOM), Exchange, virtualization, Solarwinds, Microsoft LYNC, VMware and Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Preferred 3-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Unique/Additional Requirements 2-3 years in at least three of the following areas: database servers, file servers, print servers, network access, mobile devices, Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Servers, MS System Console Operations Manager (SCOM), Skype for Business and\or Jabber, Exchange, virtualization, Solarwinds, and Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- 2-3 years configuration, troubleshooting, and maintaining at least two of the following: Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, to include 2008 and 2012, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2013, VMware 5.0, Exchange Management Console (EMC) and Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), MS SCOM 2007 and 2012, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Microsoft LYNC 2010, 2013 Skype for Business (SfB).
- Ability to support 24x7x365 work schedule, shift work, in support of customer initiatives
- Experience using REMEDY to provide IT support to customers and end-users Knowledge of TCP/IP, networking fundamentals Exposure to Global DoD IT components.
- Self-starter, motivated, shows initiative, and learns fast Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously Ability to create and maintain sustainment documentation Creating and updating systems lifecycle documentation, as required and able to report IT support updates to government leadership as needed.