Sr Linux Cloud Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems. 5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility. 10. May serve as a technical team or task lead. 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Position Description The client's New Campus East (NCE) Active IT Program was established to provide the infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the NCE facilities. The Linux Cloud Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment. What our team should strive for:
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user baseMust possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professionalMust be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologiesMust be willing to document work and participate in NCE change proceduresMust possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervisedMust be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, RackspaceExperience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStackExperience with HadoopExperience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environmentKnowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure designExperience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOSExperience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructureApply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentationDevelop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active ListsProvide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staffWorking Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systemsSupport all aspects of NCE's Security Information and Event Management initiative.Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for NCE systemsPerform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenancePerforming systems hardening to DoD StandardsMaintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurationsCreate shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasksWork with other Service Providers to support areas of common interestWorking with software and hardware vendorsOn-call support may be required
- Solaris systems engineering experience Cloud platforms Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers Scripting skills