Technician - AV Installation and Repair (1:30pm-10:00pm)
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Performs skilled work in the installation, and/or maintenance and repair of Audio/Video (A/V) instructional equipment and technologies. Work involves responsibility for installation, and/or repair, and preventative maintenance of A/V equipment: for testing, repairing, and/or replacing defective electronic parts/components; demonstrating/training members of school staff the proper operation, handling, and care of A/V equipment: may permanently install A/V technology equipment. Work is performed at school locations and/or shop facility. Some assignments involve exposure to minor accident and injury hazards, and disagreeable elements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Visits school to install, troubleshoot, repair, service, and/or perform preventive maintenance on a wide variety of Audio Video equipment.
2. Tests, repairs, adjusts, and/or replaces defective electronic parts/components.
3. At the shop facility, tests equipment, diagnoses defective parts/components; and makes major overhauls of Audio Video equipment.
4. Demonstrates and trains members of the school staff on the proper operation, handling, care, minor repair, maintenance, and cleaning of Audio Video equipment.
5. Helps keep shop facility in neat, clean, and safe order. Responsible for safe operation and contents of the school services vehicle. Keeps vehicle maintenance log as assigned.
6. Assists in the planning and presentation of Audio Video equipment in-service workshops, activities for media specialists, teachers, and/or other school staff.
7. Works alone or as part of a team to provide Audio Video support to school system events and functions.
8. Designs and engineers solutions and best practices for installation of Audio Video Technology equipment.
9. Assists with stocking and inventory of equipment/parts as assigned.
10. Maintains parts inventory, equipment stock, parts used documentation and parts research needed for successful Audio Video equipment installations.
11. Responsible for all service maintenance logs for his/her area. Assists supervisor in updating such logs.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
· Appropriate vocational training in electronic theory and practice is preferred.
· Four (4) years of recent work experience and/or training in the repair, installation, servicing, and maintenance of Audio Video equipment or any equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the individual to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Working knowledge of basic computer use.
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic electronic and electro-mechanical systems, tools, and equipment of the trade.
· Demonstrated knowledge of good practices for installation of Audio Video equipment, low voltage cabling, signal distribution systems and tools of the trade.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently. Good communication skills and the ability to work closely with teachers, media specialists, technology support personnel and other school staff in demonstrating the proper use and operation of Audio Video equipment.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations
· Ability to employee business technology tools (E-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment, etc.).
· Satisfactory score on any test required.
· Must have valid Maryland Class C driver's license plus good driving record.
Career Ladder Requirements
· Ability to climb a 40 foot vertical ladder and/or operate and work from Genie platform lift.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
· Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
· May be required to do extensive walking, climbing, bending, stooping, crawling, and kneeling.