Medical Supply Technician
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Primary Care, Fort Meade, Maryland. Fort Meade, MD consists of 5,415 acres with 65.5 miles of paved roads, 3.3 miles of secondary roads, and about 1,300 buildings. There is a modern exchange mall, bank, credit union, post office, chapels and many other facilities. Ft Meade's climate is warm during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 70's, and very cold during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 30's. For more information please visit: http://www.ftmeade.army.mil
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience with sterilizing surgical instruments, decontaminating instruments in accordance with proper procedures, policies and regulations; knowledge of wrapping sterilized surgical instruments properly for use in the operating room, and identifying surgical instruments in order to put them in surgical sets. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of policy and regulations pertaining to proper cleaning and sterilization surgical instruments.
- Knowledge of Surgical Instruments
- Ability to provide medical supply and instrument inventory management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (GS-06 or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may not substitute education for experience.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires successful completion of a Moderate Risk-Public Trust background investigation.
- This position requires pre-employment and random drug testing for the duration of employment.
- This position requires immunization screening.
- This position is designated as inclement weather essential. You would be expected to make every attempt to arrive to work on time in inclement weather.