3 days left
- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25.
WARNING: Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
- Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
- Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran's rating or Derived Veterans' Preference
- Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
- U.S. Citizens
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary travel up to 10% of the time within and outside of the continental United States.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Applicants must meet the Basic Requirement and Experience Requirement described below.
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees; AND at least 24 semester hours of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management obtained within or in addition to the bachelor's degree.
NOTE: This requirement applies to those entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Individuals who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 while serving in the military on or before September 30, 2000, are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
You MUST (1) submit a copy of your college transcript(s) with your application, and if selected, an official college transcript(s) will be required to verify education prior to employment; (2) transcripts MUST be legible AND include your name, major, school name/location, course title/number, date completed, grade, and number of credits earned; (3) if your documents are on dark / color paper, you will need to photocopy them to lighten them up in order for us to read them. If we cannot read the documents, we cannot give you this credit; (4) if you attended more than one college you MUST submit a transcript from each institution if you wish your education to be considered in qualifying you for this position; and (5) all college coursework that may be pertinent to qualifying you for the position MUST be included on the transcripts. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you WILL lose consideration for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience in contract negotiation strategies and techniques, pre-award, post-award, contract price/cost analysis, contract administration and statutory provisions, regulations and procedures to perform a variety of complex procurement functions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Pre-Award/Post-Award Function for Procurements
- Knowledge of Negotiation Strategies
- Knowledge of Contract Management
- Ability to Communicate
NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency so long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- The position requires the incumbent to possess, obtain, and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Incumbent is required to participate in the Civilian Drug Testing Program and will be required to take a preemployment urinalysis test.
- Must pass the organization's Personnel Reliability Program which includes credit check, drug screening, polygraph and psychological evaluation.
- The position may requirement temporary duty travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must possess DAWIA Level II certification in the Contracting (C) field, or obtain certification within 24 months of employment.
- This is an Army Acquisition and Technology Workforce position. Must meet DoD 5000-52-M requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- Incumbent will be required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450 upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006.
- Incumbent must be willing to work overtime and irregular hours.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a contracting officer's warrant.
- Must sign a statement attesting to the understanding of DCIPS provisions.