JOB DESCRIPTION: Polygraph Examiners conduct polygraph examinations on NGA civilian, military, and contractor personnel in accordance with DoD regulations and Federal standards. They conduct in-depth extended interviews, collect and interpret physiological data, and provide concise written reports on each examination administered.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Federally certified polygraph examiner.
2. Possess an understanding of DoD security regulations, FOIA, and the Privacy Act.
3. Knowledge in security policy & procedures.
4. Proficient in briefing and oral presentation and non-technical writing.
5. Two years of investigative experience.
6. Relates well to all kinds of people-up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Successful completion of DoD/Federal Polygraph Examiner Certification as scheduled by management.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Ability to function as part of a team.
2. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
3. Experience in investigations and/or federal security work roles.
4. Experience with interviewing individuals on security suitability issues.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Two Year Probationary Period
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Security Clearance Required
- Top Secret
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Polygraph Test Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
NGA utilizes all processes and procedures of the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Non-executive NGA employees are assigned to five distinct pay bands based on the type and scope of work performed. The employee's base salary is established within their assigned pay band based on their unique qualifications. A performance pay process is conducted each year to determine a potential base pay salary increase and/or bonus. An employee's annual performance evaluation is a key factor in the performance pay process. Promotions may be conducted during the annual pay for performance process or throughout the year via the Assignment Opportunity Notices (AON). Employees on term or temporary appointments are not eligible to apply for internal assignment opportunity notices.
This position is a DCIPS position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are an external applicant claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must self-identify your eligibility in our ERecruit application.
This position is funded by the National Intelligence Program (NIP).