AUTISM PROGRAM SPECIALIST
- Postgraduate Professional License with special education endorsements in two or more disability categories and/or experience with program oversight for students with ASD; Special Education Leadership certificate and/or administrative endorsement required
- Strong knowledge and experience with the development and implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis programs; Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preferred
- Documentation of significantly progressive and responsible experience related to working with students and programs/services for students with ASD; a minimum of 5 years of successful experience required
- Knowledge of the theory and research-based instructional practices and strategies that provide the basis for special education and related services for individuals with autism
- Knowledge of the range of communication, social and behavioral characteristics, and coexisting conditions associated with autism and the ability to articulate this to parents and school staff
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local criteria for eligibility and comprehensive evaluation for students with autism, including the impact of cultural and linguistic diversity
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents; ability to develop and deliver professional development programs to school-based staff on autism, including the implementation of a coaching model
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
Provides autism program/services oversight, supervision, and support for secondary students.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of autism programs in secondary schools, grades 6-12; develops, coordinates, and delivers staff development and training for central office and school-based staff on best practices/strategies for working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Organizes curriculum projects and develops, disseminates, and/or implements instructional programs and materials to school staff for use with students identified with ASD
- Serves as resource for cluster, school, and departmental staffs; collaborates with school staff, central office staff, parent groups and state advisory committees, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities as they pertain to the program for students with ASD
- Supports data collection, analysis, and review functions related to program development, implementation, and evaluation as well as for monitoring progress of both individual students and groups of students with ASD
- Consults with school teams, classroom teachers and support staff and provides ongoing student and staff support.
- Provides support to students, families and schools regarding the transition between middle school and high school levels as well as to post-secondary opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Autism Program Specialist reports to the Director of Special Education and the Supervisor of Special Education Programs and Services.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day