Fellowship Assistant (Temporary, Part-time), Gervase Programs - Office of the Vice Provost for Rese
Fellowship Assistant (Temporary, Part-time), Gervase Programs - Office of the Vice Provost for Research
The Fellowship Assistant assists in advising Georgetown University Fulbright applicants and organizing the 2017 Fulbright On-Campus Review from September 1, 2017 through Oct 9, 2017 - arranging in-person, on-campus interviews for more than100 Fulbright applicants seeking University endorsement. Further, s/he assists in managing almost a dozen fall fellowships, including the Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates-Cambridge, Churchill, Schwarzman, Knight-Hennessey, and Yenching Scholarships. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Fellowship Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
Fulbright On-Campus Review Management
- Sets interview schedule.
- Sends out reminders to Fulbright interviewers and interviewees
- Manages the conference room calendar
- Responds to general inquiries regarding the interview process
- Assists with compiling and submitting On-Campus Committee notes to the Institute of International Education
Fall Fellowships Administration
- Follows up with applicants and recommenders to ensure timely submission of all application components (most deadlines occur late-Sept, early-Oct of each year)
- Arranges the mock interview schedule for fellowship finalists, including the coordination of days and times for both applicants and faculty interviewers.
- Assists Program Manager with routine, daily administrative duties pursuant to office management activities, includes:
- Manages office supplies
- Supporting Director with daily clerical activities, as requested
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum
- Practical experience in student advising on competitive fellowships and scholarships
- Skilled in working with not only with student scholarship applicants, but also with senior-level administrators, faculty, and many administrative members of the Georgetown Community at-large
- Professionalism at the highest-level of attention to detail
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.