Senior Clinical Database Technical Lead, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics - Georgetown
Senior Clinical Database Technical Lead, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) was launched in 2012 as an academic hub for innovative research in the field of biomedical informatics - a specialization of bioinformatics - with the goal of enabling more individualized approaches to health care based on patient genetics. ICBI's mission is to enhance translational research at Georgetown University Medical Center and, in turn, attract and educate the next generation of scientists and physicians for which biomedical informatics will be an integral part of both biomedical research and clinical practice.
The Senior Clinical Database Technical Lead is responsible for the design and development of clinical systems for the electronic data capture of Lombardi's clinical trials data and other information, to include strategic planning for the Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO) IT systems, management of vendor relationships, interaction with external organizations including the NCI, technical and domain level requirements gathering, system development, and software implementation. Reporting to the Director of Health Information Technology & Operations, the Senior Clinical Database Technical Lead has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership for the CRMO informatics staff members, including junior to mid-level staff, students. and research associates.
- Provides strategic planning for CRMO IT systems and data management.
- Provides both technical and domain level guidance to other members of the technical staff bot CRMO and the Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI).
- Designs, implements, and tests clinical trials data management software, including interaction with study PIs, physicians, oncologists, statisticians, research coordinators, and data managers to collect requirements that will be used to design data collection and management systems.
- Manage interactions with external organizations, such as NCI and pharmaceutical companies, and manages relationships with software and IT vendors.
- Stays current in the latest electronic data capture technologies.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in, and strong working knowledge of, the Oracle Clinical electronic data capture system and/ or Medidata Rave, and Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS)
- Knowledge of SQL and good understanding of relational database concepts
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.