Associate Asset Management Engineer
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
At this transformative moment, as we work toward the launch of our next generation of satellites, we are looking to attract the next generation of bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position will utilize satellite communication engineering skills to manage assigned inventory of satellite capacity, ensuring satellite capacity is optimized according to the roles, beam and transponder strategies for specific spacecraft. Assist in implementation of tactical and strategic grooming projects to optimize utilization of satellite capacity. Assist in development and coordination and execution of various plans and projects.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- This position requires ITAR access; you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A Bachelor's Degree Telecommunications, Communications or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite including advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English, exhibiting highly professional standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work occasional extended or overnight hours based on department activity.
The following is considered preferable:
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Analyze, approve, and issue transmission plan updates for customer leases.
- Support Capacity Management to implement tactical and strategic grooming projects which optimize utilization of satellite capacity.
- Support Capacity Management with development and coordination of various plans and activities.
- Upon completion of the Capacity Planning training program around RF Link Budget fundamentals, Capacity Planning and Transmission Analysis tools as well as Capacity Booking standards, Loading Philosophy and Standard Operating Procedures - under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Capacity Manager assume responsibility for support of designated orbital roles.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.