Sughrue Mion, PLLC is an Intellectual Property law firm specializing in patent and trademark prosecution (i.e., the process by which patents and trademarks are sought from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) as well as related litigation. We are world renowned in our field with our main office located in Washington, DC near the Foggy Bottom Metro stop. Sughrue is seeking a Billing Clerk.
- Check, batch and post invoices to the billing system
- File statements into client files at month-end
- Assist in all aspects of accounting and billing including assisting secretaries, preparation of credit memos and special billing reports and other miscellaneous accounting functions.
Job Requirements: Calculator, Excel, typing 50 wpm
Education: AA or BA preferred
Experience: 2 years of experience in billing position - law firm preferred
- Excellent writing, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to manage time, people, and resources in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, manage projects and handle multiple competing priorities
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential matters professionally
Sughrue offers a generous benefit package and a casual work environment.