Gift Entry & Donor Records Coordinator
SUMMARY: Maintain and update records in Raiser’s Edge, the NRA Office of Advancement database and in donor/prospect hard files. Complete gift deposits process to Financial Services and the Treasurer’s Office including analysis and processing of gift batches in Raiser's Edge. Post control reports and batch reports in accordance with Advancement's 48-hour turnaround policy.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely data entry of gifts, pledges, planned gifts, donor and prospect information, NRA Advancement sales, and any other data entry required by the Office of Advancement in Raiser’s Edge, the NRA Office of Advancement database, in accordance with divisional guidelines. Complete gift deposits process to the Treasurer’s Office including analysis and processing of gift batches in Raiser's Edge.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system, completing hard copy files on a once a week basis minimally.
- Enter new donor and prospect information into database in an accurate and timely manner to include, but not limited to appropriate coding for mailings, and information requests in accordance with divisional guidelines.
- Provide support to Financial Services and the Treasurer’s Office as needed and directed by the Database Analyst Manager.
- Assist in database maintenance, including, but not limited to, the elimination of duplicate accounts and establishment of new gift records as directed.
- Coordinate and upkeep Advancement storage areas to ensure compliance with all applicable fire codes.
- Assist with Raiser’s Edge clean up and coding projects as needed.
- An understanding and appreciation for the mission of the NRA.
- Personal and professional integrity, as well as high standards of excellence.
- Ability to work with computer programs, such as Raiser’s Edge and MS Office programs with exemplary accuracy.
- Able to process a high volume (over 10,000 gift entries and filing actions per year) of work requiring accurate data entry and hard copy filing charitable gifts in Raiser’s Edge, a database designed to record data for retrieval, and enhance overall organization fundraising effectiveness.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, able complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent office skills (typing, filing, faxing, copying, etc.)
- Ability to function in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision and with periodic heavy workloads.
- Essential that applicant have a track record as a quick learner and fast starter with strong self-motivation to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
- Two or four year degree
- Experience in data entry using the Raiser’s Edge fundraising management system.
- Ability to work in a networked PC information and retrieval system.
- Prior experience in a membership driven organization.
- Previous fund-raising experience.
To apply, send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) offering an extensive benefits package and convenient Fairfax location. Please visit our website to learn more about us (www.nra.org).