The City of Takoma Park is seeking a Sanitation Driver to drive a refuse packer truck and recycling vehicle in providing trash and recycling collection for the City. This position assists the crew in collection of recyclables, and waste on assigned route. Also serves as lead worker. The hiring range for this position is $40,435.12 to $58,696.45 and is commensurate upon experience.
- Drives the refuse packer truck or recycling vehicle on assigned routes; picks up refuse or recyclable products such as newspapers, card board, glass, cans, etc.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck by checking gas, oil, tires, battery and packer oil. Reports all maintenance and equipment problems as necessary.
- Assists crews in collecting waste, garbage, and other miscellaneous items as required.
- Carries out lead worker responsibilities including: training in job skills, assigning and directing work, making recommendations in performance appraisal, and reporting problems to supervisor.
- Responds to questions pertaining to trash from the general public.
- Serves as a relief driver for the Right of Way Division snow and ice response during weather emergencies.
- Drives snow plow and salt spreader as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED; and,
- Two to three years of progressively responsible related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Commercial Driver's License.
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.
To officially apply please complete an online application at:
Only online applications will be considered.
Apply for Sanitation Driver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly